Now that it’s finally Fall in DC, it’s time to pull on your boots and zip up your coat and start checking things off your Fall to-do list. That means cooking with new ingredients, getting outside to enjoy the brisk weather, and throwing on some fun Fall clothes! One of my favorite things about the East Coast is having such a beautiful autumn, filled with cool mornings and bright colors–and I plan to do everything I can to take full advantage of my third Fall in DC.
A few things from my Fall list:
- Go apple picking. Check. We went to Larriland Farm in Maryland, and picked apples, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, beets, chard and cabbage. Cox Farms is another good one to check out.
- Jump in a pile of leaves.
- Rock leather boots and a leather jacket. Check. Quite possibly one of my favorites. I now have two leather jackets to my name, and am kind of obsessed.
- Use a hot drink to warm up your hands as you take a brisk stroll.
- Cook something with squash/pumpkin. Check. Faux mac ‘n cheese.
- Bake something with pumpkin.
- Go to a football game (Redskins, Ravens or Terps–I don’t really care).
- Visit somewhere with beautiful Fall leaves. We’re going to the Shenandoah Mountains this weekend, so I’ll be able to check this off soon!
- Spend the evening around the fire. Unfortunately, I don’t have any friends with fireplaces–so this may have to wait until I’m home for Thanksgiving.
- Make chili and cornbread. Drink it with a cold beer or red wine.
- Drink homemade mulled wine.