I think I’m going to cut back on the number of fun facts each week, otherwise I might run out of cool things:
1. I’m pretty sure that I have a shoe-buying problem. Just ask my BF. Also, my boss may have just convinced me to buy a $400 pair of boots. Oops. Update: I still haven’t bought the boots, but I’m too close for comfort.
2. I bought a $90 bottle of Bordeaux at an estate sale a few months back for $25. I’m excited to open it and try it, but also really nervous that it’s going to be corked and awful.
3. I LOVE estate sales. Such cool stuff. Such cool history. I went to one once that was full of Native American regalia. And dolls. Lots of dolls.
4. No matter how old I get or how many top-tier restaurants I visit, I don’t think anything will beat my mom’s blackberry pie.
5. I’m pretty sure I annoy all of my coworkers and the other political people who follow me on Twitter with all of my food and fashion tweets.
6. I’m proud of the fact that I’ve never broken a bone.
7. I bought a bike on Craigslist for $40 the second week I was in DC. I rode it home, and didn’t ride it again for two years. I just sold it a few months ago for $40.
8. I’m a huuuge sap and cry at everything–movies, TV shows, books, articles. Too often, I read those articles or watch those videos at work…
9. I’ve been mugged twice. Once in San Francisco and once at home. No fun.
10. My brother and I were charged by an elephant when we were in our car on a safari in South Africa. Not fun at the time, but a great video and a great story now.