Since I like baking and really enjoy baking from scratch, I rarely use things from a box. But I’ve learned that sometimes it’s okay to use a mix from a package. We don’t have to be perfectionists all the time–and to tell the truth, no one will know the difference. When you have enough different textures and flavors going on, very few people will notice if whether or not your base is homemade. Sure, you can call it a cop-out. Or you can call it being resourceful and time efficient. So let yourself off the hook every now and then and embrace the boxed mixes.
Make these Oreo peanut butter brownies because they are simple and delicious. But don’t you dare make them from scratch.
A co-worker requested this recipe for her last day in the office, and I happily obliged. It didn’t hurt that this is one of the easiest recipes ever.
- 1 box brownie mix (I used a dark chocolate mix)
- Eggs and oil for your brownie mix
- 1 tub peanut butter
- 1 package Oreos
- Cupcake wrappers
Makes 2 dozen brownies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.
3. Prepare brownies according to package instructions.
4. Smear a spoonful of peanut butter onto an Oreo and drop Oreo-side down into your muffin tin.
5. Once your muffin tin is filled with peanut butter-topped Oreos, spoon brownie mix on top–using a spoon to push batter into the sides.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until brownies are cooked through.