One of the problems with food in DC these days (and it’s a good problem to have) is that there are too many new and delicious places hopping up–that sometimes you can feel like you’re running on a hamster wheel as you try to keep up and try everything. I love hearing from my friends about the new places they’ve tried and their favorite DC spots for various types of meals and experiences.
After mentioning Sundevich to a friend during a conversation about DC sandwich shops, he jokingly said that I needed to put together a list of my DC must-eat spots so that he’d know where he should go. Well, I took him up on his suggestion and produced my List for Kevin. It’s certainly not exhaustive, but a few of my favorite spots and favorite dishes.
- Sundevich – awesome sandwiches
- Blue Duck Tavern – great brunch, but their bone marrow at dinner is a must
- VOLT – amazing dining experience, including superb service; tuna tartare and sweetbreads are awesome
- Art & Soul – great patio and tasty cocktails
- Acqua al 2 – Italian; get the pasta sampler
- Birch & Barley – best chicken and waffles in town on their brunch menu
- Granville Moore’s – H street mussels
- Ripple – hidden gem in Cleveland Park with all locally sourced food (and now ice cream sandwiches)
- Ashby Inn – out in Paris, VA; but an amazing meal
- Rasika – palak chaat (crispy spinach)
- Vinoteca – possibly the best eggs benedict in the city (+ $11 all you can drink mimosas)
- Estadio – brussel sprouts are killer
- Taqueria DF – random spot on 14th in Columbia Heights with good tacos
I promise that I’ll be back on the blog more frequently! There’s no way I’ll be a daily poster (and no one really needs to hear from me that often), but I’m going to make a concerted effort to post more recipes, reviews, and randomness!